Monday, May 7, 2012

Some Random Crackle Manicures

I thought I would post a few crackle manicures that I have done.  I know some people might be tired of seeing crackle nail polish but I like to use crackles to jazz up a mani that I am bored with and sometimes the result is something really cool, like the one from my first post where I used OPI Blue Shatter over a neon gradient. 


This first one is China Glaze Electric Pineapple with Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat Fractured Foil.  I love Electric Pineapple so frickin much!  I know for some it is not a typical nail polish color and a lot of people may not like it, but it is probably one of my favorites from China Glaze and it's a great color for summertime.




The next one is a turquoise nail polish with China Glaze Crackle in Cracked Medallion.  Sorry but the turquoise is a color I mixed up myself with a LA Colors teal colored nail polish and white nail polish but there are plenty of similar colors out there such as, China Glaze For Audrey or Finger Paints Tiffany Impostor.  Probably my favorite combo for a copper crackle is to pair it with a jade or turquoise colored base.  It reminds me of copper when it oxidizes. You could also pair a turquoise crackle with a copper base.



This last one is Sally Hansen Salon Perfect Manicure Gilty Pleasure with China Glaze Crackle Broken Hearted.  Not sure why I like this combo so much, although I think pink and gold look so pretty together.



Hope you enjoyed! I have a few more tutorials in the works coming soon.  Hopefully a glitter gradient one and a "shabby chic" inspired one!

No comments:

Post a Comment