Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Jelly Sandwich Nails

I have got a jelly sandwich mani to show you all today.  I am sure some of you are wondering what the heck a jelly sandwich is.  Jelly nail polishes are sheer or milky creme nail polishes, you know those kind that seem to take a ton of coats to become opaque.  OPI calls them "sorbets" last year they released some in their Texas collection (I used one of them for this manicure).  A few of the neon Milani's are neon (Techno Red and Rad Purple).  Really you can check by seeing how sheer the polish is around the rim of the bottle when you take the brush out.
Anyways for a jelly sammy you do one to two coats of your jelly nail polish, a coat of a chunky glitter and then another coat or two of you jelly.  It looks super pretty and gives the nail polish depth.  The end result look really cool and it's a great way to use a polish that you think is too sheer on its own.


I used OPI Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? and an silver hexagonal glitter from LA Colors (sorry I have no name for it).  I used two coats of the OPI, one coat of the glitter and two more coats of the OPI.



No comments:

Post a Comment