Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Trying to Dupe Chanel Bel Argus

Hey guys,

So I have been lemming Chanel Bel Argus really badly lately, but I do not want to shell the money out for this polish.  I decided to try and dupe it with polishes I already have.  I had read something on MakeupAlley about it being a lighter more metallic version of China Glaze Want My Bawdy, so I came up with the idea to layer a coat of it over China Glaze Frostbite.  I don't know how close this comes to Bel Argus but holy moly I frickin love this combo so much! 

Colors used: 2 coats of China Glaze Frostbite and 1 coat of Want My Bawdy



 
Indoor w/ flash
 
 
Natural light, indirect
 
 
Natural light, indirect
 
 
Indoor w/ flash


 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, it is even more gorgeous in real life! I wish I could have captured it on camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Bel Argus... I think you are really onto something there! It looks good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, yay! I obviously only had pics to go off of but I thought I got kinda close :)

      Delete
  3. I own Bel Argus. There is more shimmer to BA but color-wise you did a great job! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete