Friday, June 21, 2013

Water Spotted Nails

Hey guys,

So I decided to try out the water spotted technique that everyone has been doing lately.  I  first saw this when Cute Polish on YouTube posted a video on it several months ago.  If you would like to watch the video go here.  The technique starts off very similar to water marble nails using a cup of water and dripping polish on the surface of the water.  But for this you use only one color and you will need some kind of alcohol based spray (hairspray, body spray) I used a body spray but I think next time I will try hairspray to see if I get a different result.  You drop the polish one drop at a time until it spreads over the surface of the water, I did three to four drops for each nail, after you have the polish in the cup you need to spray the surface with your alcohol based spray.  This will cause the polish to separate and that is how you get the spotted look.  This was my first time doing this and I seemed to have a hard time get the polish to actually spot, I think my water was a little to cold for one and I think I should try a different spray next time.  Anyways this was actually super easy to do and you get such a cool look from it!  Make sure you cover the skin and some of your fingers with tape or Vaseline before you do this because you will get polish all over your fingers and it is HORRIBLE to clean up.


Colors used:  Orly Royal Navy and Orly Dazzle










No comments:

Post a Comment