Thursday, August 16, 2012

Leopard Print Nails Tutorial

Here is the leopard print tutorial I said I was going to do.   Hope you enjoy and give them a try!

I used Orly Pure Porcelain, Color Club Resort to Red, and Amuse Black Nail Art Pen and Striper




Step 1:  Paint your nails a base color

Step 2: Choose a color to do your spots in and dab on several spots on the nail.  You can use any color you want and you can do a bunch of spots in different colors too.

Step 3: With your nail art pen or striper and practice making your spots on a piece of paper.  You want to do sort of wonky half circle or c's.

Step 4: Paint your your c's around the colored spots on your nail, add a few random blotches to fill in empty space.


Now you should be done! 




A few tips:
  • Make sure to wait a good 15-20 minutes before applying a top coat over your leopard print or you risk dragging the design.  Which you can see that I did when I applied my top coat!  I need to be more patient.
  •  
  • Also it really does help to practice drawing those half circles before doing your spots. 
  •  
  • If you want to use a quick dry top coat like Seche Vite, remember to use a regular top coat first over the design. This will help prevent chipping and seals the design better, I find quick dry top coats drag designs more too.



No comments:

Post a Comment