Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gradient Accent

Here is a gradient mani I did, with a gradient accent.  This didn't turn out quite like I planned because I was going to do a ring and thumb accent and completely forgot and went over my ring with the wrong color so I did the index and thumb instead.  Go here to find my gradient tutorial!  Also a couple of tips that I have learned by doing a few more gradient.
  • dampen the sponge before applying polish to it
  • to make sure you have the tips covered I will apply a small amount of the color to the tips kind of like you do with a french tip
  • When using sponges to do gradient it can get a little gritty looking, to help that I use a glitter top coat.  It really smooths the look of the gradient and it also helps to blend and cover any imperfections!
Hope these tips are helpful!

Now onto the nails, I used OPI Pink Friday and Color Club Tangerine Scream for the pink to orange one and Orly Skinny Dip and Color Club Ultra Violet for the blue to purple.  I topped them all off with Cover Girl City Lights and the white base I used was Orly Dayglow.









No comments:

Post a Comment