Monday, July 9, 2012

Scribble Nails Tutorial

I have a fun, really easy tutorial for you guys today.  I did this one day just kind of playing around with my nail art pens and I actually liked how it looked.





Step one: start off with a base coat in whatever color and finish you want.  I used China Glaze Gothic Lolita.




Step two: grab a nail art pen to make your scribbles.  I used one that has a striper and a pen in one bottle, but you could use the nail art pens from Sally Hansen or a small nail art brush dipped in polish.



Step three: You pretty much scribble over your nails with the nail art pen.  I told you all it is super easy and pretty much mistake proof.  Once you are finished and happy with your nails wait a few minutes then apply a top coat.  Make sure that the design is somewhat dry if the design is still wet it will streak when you apply your top coat!  The best way to apply the top coat is to get a large blob of it on the end of the brush and move it over the nail without actually "brushing" it on.


You should have something similar to this!

Here is one I tried with a nail art brush.  I used Essie Mojito Madness, Wet N Wild On A Trip and China Glaze Frostbite for the scribble color.  I should have used a smaller brush for this one though it is kind of a fail haha.  But it shows how you can get a different look with a nail art brush.









No comments:

Post a Comment