Thursday, July 5, 2012

Jelly Sandwich With Flakies

I did another jelly sandwich, but instead of using glitter I used a flakie polish.  Flakies are a top coat that have like little mylar flakes in it.  They flash different colors at different angles, they have been getting fairly popular here recently.  Several companies have flakie top coats, Essie has one called Shine of the Times (I hear this one is being discontinued though), Zoya and Finger Paints both came out with some this last spring, I know some others have them too but the Essie one is probably the easiest to find if you can grab it before Essie quits making it.

For mine jelly sammy I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Purple Pizzazz and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Hidden Treasure (both of these are discontinued products but you can get a purple that is close to Purple Pizzaz by Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl).


I used three coats of Purple Pizzaz, one coat of Hidden Treasure and one more coat of Purple Pizzazz.





No comments:

Post a Comment