Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Skull and Glossbones

My first Halloween mani yipee!  I love doing Halloween nails, I have quite a few more planned throughout the month as well.  I went with a subtle one this time.  For the skull accent I found this great tutorial on Swatch and Learn it's really pretty easy to paint onto the nail.  I did have a few issues and actually redid the accent several time before I got it right.  Honestly the first time I didn't wait for the black polish to dry long enough and ended up smearing it really bad.  Then I redid it and forgot and ran my fingers through my hair!  I tried it again and messed it up again, did it one more time and tried a fastdry black nail polish for the eyes so I wouldn't have to wait so long to put topcoat on and this helped sooooo much.

I used OPI Skull and Glossbones, China Glaze Make A Spectacle (omg love so much!), Wet N Wild Ebony Hates Chris (for the eye sockets) and a black Amuse nail art pen for the teeth.




 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Was your right hand just as flawless? Just kidding.. the few times I have attempted a nail design the left hand looks good and the right hand looks like it was done by a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right hand is not too shabby actually haha. But there are definitely times when the nail art on my right hand looks a little childish lol

      Delete