Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Impressionist Flowers

Hey guys,

I have a really neat mani to show you all today.  I have really been enjoying experimenting with different types of nail art lately, especially things that I would not have thought to try before.  For this look I was inspired by Impressionist paintings, I love Impressionism it probably one of my favorite art movements.  If you are wondering what Impressionism is I suggest you Google it, Monet is probably the most well known Impressionist.  However my favorite would be Edgar Degas, I love his art, I actually did a research paper on him when I was in high school for one of my art classes. 

To achieve the look for this mani I used nail polish thinned out with acetone.  I started with a base of OPI Skull and Glossbones I then used Essie First Timer, Essie In the Cab-ana and China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise thinned with acetone to paint flowerery shapes onto my nails.  I then used Essie Mojito Madness thinned wiht acetone and dotted it around the flower shapes to get a leaf effect.  I am in love with this mani, I wish it would photograph a bit better.  It show too much detail in the photos because of darn macro, but in real life this has lovely blurred look.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment