Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Space Nails

I have another tutorial today, this one is a manicure that looks really cool when done but pretty much anyone can do it.  Galaxy nails or space nails is what I have seen them called.  Read on to see how to get them!


Step 1: Paint your nails with a dark base, I would suggest black or a black that has a blue, purple or green shimmer to it.  I used Wet N Wild Morbid.





Step 2: Choose three or four colors to add dimension to the nails.  I went with neon's but you can use any kind of finish you want. I used Color Club Electro Candy, Volt of Light, and Pure Energy.   Try to use yellow, pink, blue, orange and purple.  Put some drops of each polish color onto a piece of foil (the polish doesn't dry out as fast on the foil) and use a cosmetic sponge to sponge one of the colors on each nail in random spots.  I did the pink first.





Step 3: Sponge on the second color in spots where you did not sponge the first color.  I used the blue next.


Step 4: Take the third color (the neon yellow for me) and apply it to any spots that are still showing the base and to cover up any strange looking areas where the other two colors meet.



Step 5:  Apply a light coat of a finer glitter to the nails and then take a glitter that has larger hexagonal pieces in it.  I used Wet N Wild Hallucinate for the all over glitter and China Glaze Techno for the larger glitters.  Put a few drops onto the foil and take a toothpick and randomly apply a few of the hexagonal glitters to the nails.  After that apply a top coat, clean up any polish around your nails and you are done!







No comments:

Post a Comment